Fall is here, which means winter is just around the corner. Homeowners across the country are taking steps to prepare for the winter months ahead and certainly one important thing all you homeowners must do is winterize your roof. Winter months typically mean consistently low temperatures, bitter cold winds, and of course ice storms and abundant snowfall. With the brisk, cold winter days ahead the staff here at Arrow Roofing and Solar look forward to assisting our clients with all their roofing needs.
Understanding how important it is to winterize your roof, we here at Arrow Roofing and Solar offer the following checklist for all our clients, old and new, on how to winterize your roof. We highly recommend you prepare your roof for the winter months ahead by following this simple checklist. This easy to follow checklist will ensure that your roof is ready for winter and all that the season brings your way.
A Checklist to Winterize Your Roof
This effective checklist can, in some instances, be carried out by homeowners themselves, but if you are not comfortable to perform these tasks, then surely give a shout out to our team of roofing experts and let us prepare your roof for the winter months ahead. Here is the checklist and the simple tasks that need be performed.
- An inspection of the roof for damaged, loose or missing shingles should be performed and all shingles fixed or replaced as needed.
- An inspection of the vents, flashing, skylights and joints of the roof should be performed since they can very well get damaged from all types of various weather conditions.
- An inspection of the valleys and peaks of your roof which are typically susceptible to leaks from hailstorms or thunderstorms or other severe weather conditions.
- A thorough cleaning of your gutters and downspouts to make certain that they are draining properly and there are no leaks. Be certain to remove any type of debris, leaves, twigs or any other accumulated materials that can block the drains and cause water, rain or melting ice to spill over the roof.
- An inspection of your roof’s underlayment system to be certain that it is equipped with a shield for ice and water protection from ice dams, harsh rains, moving water, and any other water related issues or problems.
- Removal of any branches on trees located near to your rooftop since, during a severe storm, these branches can become heavy and/or damaged and fall onto your roof causing excessive, costly damage.
Top of the Line, Quality Products and Services
The teams here at Arrow Roofing and Solar are ready, willing and capable of providing homeowners with assistance in winterizing their roofs for the harsh winter season ahead. We strive to provide our clients with the peace of mind needed to know that the roof on their home is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature happens to deliver.
Offering quality products and services and a customer satisfaction ranking that is unmatched, the friendly and experienced installers and roofing specialists here at Arrow Roofing and Solar have been recognized in the industry time and time again. Having earned a spot at the top of the marketplace, Arrow Roofing and Solar is sure to deliver all the services you need in timelines that are accommodating to your individual schedules and at prices that are every bit affordable.
We are truly committed to providing top-rated roofing services of all types and state of the art products to guarantee the beauty, attractive appearance and long lifespan of your roof regardless of how tough the weather conditions may be. Billed as your go to company for all your roofing and solar panel needs, we here at Arrow Roofing and Solar remain steadfast in delivering only leading edge, top notch products and services to all our clients, one roofing project after another. Feel free to contact us or browse our website for a look at all our superior products and services today. We look forward to serving you.